Where is Your Tax Refund?

Posted on February 18, 2011. Filed under: -- Money Help (in simple terms), -- Uncategorized, . More Resources For YOU!, Tips | Tags: , , , |

If you are lucky enough to get a refund this year, click on the picture below or use this link to track down your IRS refund:


To access the information, you’ll need to provide the following information from your tax return:

  • Your Social Security Number (or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)
  • Your Filing Status
  • The exact whole dollar amount of your refund

IMPORTANT: You can usually get information about your refund 72 hours after IRS acknowledges receipt of your e-filed return or in three to four weeks if you filed a paper return.  “Where’s my Refund?” is updated weekly, every Wednesday.  Please check back after Wednesday for updated information.

If you don’t have a computer to access this information, no problem. You can get the information you need from the telephone.

A special automated toll-free line is dedicated to refund status reports. When you call (800) 829-1954, you’ll need the same information the online system requires.

Don’t forget though, that this year, there’s also the issue of delayed tax return processing. Because tax law changes affecting 2010 returns weren’t enacted until Dec. 17, 2010, the IRS had to update forms and its computer systems before it could process many returns. The IRS started working on those delayed filings on Feb. 14, 2011.

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: